Open Up Your Home with Casement Windows
Manufacturers design casement windows with hinges attached to one side and a lock on the other (the opposite of awning windows). For example, you can compare the operation of a casement window to a door opening out. Generally, these windows open with cranks or can be pushed outward, and include a second window pane in the same frame.
The Purpose of Casement Windows
A clear pro to having casement windows installed is the ability to fully open your window and catch side breezes more easily. Also, if security is a concern, casement windows are difficult to break into, utilizing hooks fixed within the frame to lock.
Call us at 630-333-4775 to schedule a free in-home consultation and estimate for window replacement in Glen Ellyn, Naperville, Wheaton, and all of DuPage County.
What to Think About When Replacing Your Windows
Make sure you are completely ready to purchase replacement windows. Here’s what you should figure before making the investment:
- How many windows need replacing?
- What number of windows can you afford to replace?
- Determine the features you’d like your windows to have.
- Think about installing energy-efficient windows.
- Find the right installer, like Ultimate Home Solutions, to help complete your window replacement project.